LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functions Palette Drop Down Window

I am using LabVIEW 2009. I have a one monitor workstation so I do not need what little space that I have cluttered with palette windows when I am not using them. When I need to add functions to my code, I press the right mouse button to display the Functions palette window. The window displays, starting at the top, Express, Favorites, User Libraries, Select a VI..., Real-Time, and more stuff. At the bottom are 2 down arrows to expand the window. Once I do expand the window, the window displays, starting at the top, Programming, Measurement I/O, Instrument I/O, and the rest of the functions categories. Since I am doing actual programming, I would like to see the Programming, etc categories listed when I right click the mouse the first time and not some limited subset of the functions. This only causes me to perform extra mouse clicks to get to the function I want.If I were playing with LabVIEW as some type of game and only did this a couple of times, it might be cool to do this. But when doing serious programming, it becomes annoying.

My question is:

Is there a way to force LabVIEW to always display the FULL Functions palette when I right click my mouse button?

Thank you for answering the specific question that I ask and not telling me to keep the pallet window open at all times or some other irrelevant information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,769 Views)
You can pin down the functions palette (top left), then go to View > Change visible categories, and select which categories you want to appear by default. Please let me know if this is not what you're looking for...
Misha
Message 2 of 4
(2,765 Views)

In you block diagram menu bar, click on View - Functions Palette to show the palette.  In the palette, click the View button (note:  this view button does not show up if you have the palette closed and open it by right clicking).  In the View menu, you can click on Chnage visible Catagories to check them all.  However, I think what you want is  to have all of them expanded.  If you click on the Options selection on the View menu, you can read the Customizing section which states that Labview expands the top-most visible catagory on an unpinned palette.  So Labview limits you to viewing only one expanded catagory, the one at the top.  I don't think there is a way to have multiple expansions unless you click on the arrows to expand and leave the palette showing all the time.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,756 Views)

Both answers get me to exactly what I needed. Thank you both for your knowledge and wisdom !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,742 Views)