LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function pallette icons randomly turning black and white

I have been using LV8.2 under WinXP for the past many months with hardly any issues related to the IDE. Today I noticed that the Functions pallete sometimes comes up with some black and white icons when I right click on the block diagram. (see attached image) The quantity and actual icons that are B/W is random, most of the time they are all in color. I have restarted XP and LV both a few times, the issue persists. So far I have not noticed any other issues within LV. Has anyone else seen this before? Video card drivers have not been changed nor have Display Properties. No auto updates for XP either.

Thanks

-AK2DM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,397 Views)
AnalogKid:

I hope all is well. I am curious to find out if the VIs on the palette with "black" icons are actually there ? Is it purely cosmetic on the icons or all the VIs are actually affected?. Do you also get the same behavior when you open a blank new VI?. It would be interesting to find out if the pattern of "black" icons is somewhat related to what type of functions you have on your block diagram. Please let me know what you find.

Regards,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,365 Views)

Hi Rudy:

Sorry for the delay- it appeared to be cosmetic, an afflicted function would colorize once it was selected and allow me to drop it in the BD with full functionality. I have not seen the behavior again since the day I reported it. I did notice that our network server was losing connections to various drives left and right that morning, maybe it had something to do with the network status icons popping up in the system tray.

Let's consider it a fluke unless it crops up again and I can experiment further.

Thanks Again

-Pete

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,339 Views)

Pete:

Thank you very much for getting back with me. Please keep me posted on any new development.

Thanks,

Rudi N.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,332 Views)