From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front panel security LabView 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I search web and this forum without success. Where is Front Panel Security in labview 2014. On web for LabView 2011 . Tools-->Security--> Front Panel Security.

I want to disable change some variable for some user. I create user...but not have this option about FrontPanelSecurity.

Can you help me ...where  I can find this Panel on labview 2014?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,631 Views)

Hi, you are looking for this feature??

How Can I Lock an Individual Front Panel Object in LabVIEW? - National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,622 Views)

I want to disable change some variable for some user. I create user...but not have this option about FrontPanelSecurity.

It all depends on what you mean by "disable change some variable".  The previous responder told you how to prevent moving the control on the Front Panel (which you can only do in Development mode).  If you want to prevent the user from changing the value of the control during execution (either in Development or in Run-Time mode), you can change the Enable property to "Disabled" or to "Disabled & greyed", or you can simply make the Control "invisible".  Both of these can be done programmatically by use of Property Nodes (the Properties are called "Disabled" and "Visible").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,609 Views)

Yes ..i want prevent changing the value  for some users. I create "administrators" and "operator user."

I want this:

Administrator can changing value of the variable and controls.

User can't changing value and controls.

Disable or lock variable and control not resolve my problem. How I can make this on LabView 2014:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3322/en/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,584 Views)

@Qooler wrote:

Yes ..i want prevent changing the value  for some users. I create "administrators" and "operator user."

I want this:

Administrator can changing value of the variable and controls.

User can't changing value and controls.

Disable or lock variable and control not resolve my problem. How I can make this on LabView 2014:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3322/en/

Disabling the controls certainly does do it for you.  You just have to figure out how to do it for certain users.  You need to brush up on your Googling skills because this is the first hit I got searching "LabvIEW get current Windows user":  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/03F7257B337CC63E8625754D0082FDE4

Armed with this knowledge and the fact that you can disable controls programmatically, you should be able to figure this out.  If not, at least show us what you have.  We're more than willing to "assist"; not willing to "do".

Of course, i am assuming that you are talking about access to a control when the VI is running...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,569 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Qooler
The link you posted is for DSC. You would need to purchase this and license it for LabVIEW as it is an add-on.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209851
Message 6 of 9
(3,544 Views)

I had never seen this option, mostly because I don't use the DSC (DataLogging and Supervisory Control) Module.  Once I installed it, a new Security Menu item appeared on the Tools Menu, Front Panel Security appeared in LabVIEW Help, and I could see a screen similar to the one you show.  Incidentally, searching for Front Panel Security in LabVIEW Help, even without the DSC installed, gives you Help that says "Requires DSC Module".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,536 Views)
Everything you want to do can be accomplished with property nodes. I would create a subVI that encapsulates all the logic based on an enumeration specifying access level.

Be sure that you don't use a Boolean value to control the selection. There's a big difference between a parameter that can only have two values, and one that just happens to have two values right now.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,496 Views)

Thanks to answer.

After  buy and install DCS module...i have this option.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,448 Views)