LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front panel says "Labview Evaluation" after SP1 upgrade

Solved!
Go to solution

I just upgraded Labview 2011 by installing SP1.  Please note that I am a registered user.  During the installation I selected several add-on products for evaluation. 

Now when I start one of my many existing applications the front panel has the "Labview Evaluation Software" overlay.  I can't have this.  I am not evaluating Labview, I am evaluating some of the add-on modules.  I can't distribute my applications to customers with the overlay.  How do I get rid of it?  I am perfectly willing to get rid of the evaluation software if you tell me how and assure me that the overlay will disappear.

This is an urgent issue.  Please help.

David Lieberman

lieberman7@sbcglobal.net

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,279 Views)

You probably don't want to publically advertise your serial number.  You may want to ask a moderator to edit this post.

Go into the NI license manager.  From there you can make sure your modules are properly activated, and the ones that are in evaluation, you could deactivate.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,276 Views)

I thought I was posting a private message because I had clicked on "ask an engineer" and was quite surprised to see that it was posted on a discussion forum.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,270 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Lieberman

Hi David,

I'm sorry about the confusion about the the option to "ask an engineer".  I have notified our moderators and they have taken down your serial number.  I apologize for that. It sounds to me like the issue that you are seeing is purely an activation issue.

If you go into the NI License Manager, you should see a variety of software that has various colored boxes next to it.  You will specifically want to verify that Application Builder and the version of LabVIEW, i.e. LabVIEW 2011 Development System are green in color.  The serial number you have is valid for the development system and the application builder.  You will want to verify, by highlighting the specific software, that the status is "Active for this computer" and that the License File Expiration is "Never".  If there is anything else, right-click on on software name, and choose Activate.  You will then be prompted through our Activation Wizard which should be able to get you up and running.

If you still have problems, I would encourage you to call in and create a request so one of our engineers can address this issue and get your system up and running especially if this is a time sensitive situation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,249 Views)

Thanks.  I got help over the phone from Jared Allen who recommended going into the control panel and deleting the toolkits which I did.  Everything is working fine, now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,240 Views)