From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel freezes completely

Hi,

The attachement contains the image of the front panel. The picture shows child vis loaded using subpanel . In this VI i have tab with 5 pages, the pages are controlled using Runt time menu. The picture shown is from the first page of the tab. Now i have a situation we similar child vis are loaded in all pages, it works until fine few minutes, later the front panel freezes compeletly. How to solve this problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,201 Views)

Freezes mean what? Are you not able to click anything but the values are changing in the front panel or there is no change in the front panel itself? Can you show us the BD or maybe attach the VI, which will be helpfull to debugg the issue?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,197 Views)

Hi

The values on vis run slowly..... also if i try to drag the child vi it lags a lot......... I'm using a single subpanel for all child vis to load, is this the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,192 Views)

I would like to clarify, what do you mean a child VI here? How are you loading eveyrthing in a single subpanel? Do you have n number of sub Vis and calling them in the sub panel? Also please explain what do you mean by draging a child VI?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,186 Views)

Hi,

yep, i Meant no of subvi's calling a single subpanel. moving the subvi inside the parent vi. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,182 Views)

Please attach you code for a better understanding (In 2013 or earlier version please).

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,172 Views)

HI, 

Usually what could be the problem of freezing of front panel? General ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,163 Views)

HI, 

Usually what could be the problem of freezing of front panel? General ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,163 Views)

When you have event structure executing a code and when you try to fire another event the FP gets locked and looks like its frozen.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,152 Views)

Hi jay,

usual problems are

- starving the CPU by heavy load (especially in the UI thread)

- an event structure set to block UI while handling event(s)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,151 Views)