Bret

--
Bret Silberman
RedHat Certified Engineer mailto:bret@uranus.com
Internet Security Consultant http://www.uranus.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,954 Views)
Bret - this won't do you any good in Linux, but there are several good ActiveX SNMP controls that are cheap or free. You'll need to search, I don't remember their names.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,954 Views)
Bret,

Look at www.viodia.com.

They have a SNMP Toolkit for LabView.
Message 3 of 6
(4,954 Views)
does anyone have the example snmp by IP*Works! S/SNMP V6?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,456 Views)

I tried to work with Viodia's Toolkit and unfortunately, I am not already an expert at SNMP, so I could never get the examples in the toolkit to work.

The VIs don't seem to be initialized to ready-to-run states or documented well, either, and phone calls to Viodia did not help. In fact I was told point blank that "since most of their customers are familiar with SNMP already, they can figure it out." For $1000 and a very limited license agreement that comes with it (anyone considering buying it should read it carefully first), I expect more help that what is available. I decided not to buy the toolkit based on this experience.

I sincerely hope that National Instruments supports SNMPv3 themselves so that we can get examples and code that are easier to use and integrate. NI's examples are generally very effective at providing good example code that can get even beginners up and running.

David

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,373 Views)

All,

I am one of our product managers and interested in your feedback and suggestions for SNMP with LabVIEW.  Feel free to post here or if you have specific suggestions email me at robert.jackson@ni.com

Sincerely,

Robert

Product Manager

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,270 Views)