LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fractional seconds string with period separator in a OS where the system default separator is a comma.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folk,
following the syntax for the "Embedded Time Format String" and using a "Format Into String" function, I would like to obtain fractional seconds with a period decimal separator, in a OS where the system default separator is a comma.

I have tried the following syntax:    %.;%<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%1u>T

Time at Format into String

The starting localization code "%.;" seems to be ignored, and the resulting string contains a comma for the fractional seconds.

I can, obviously, to parse the resulting string to change the comma into a period but the question is if there is a correct format string to force the "Format Into String" function to generate a period separated fractional seconds.

Thanks,
Asper

Message 1 of 3
(2,874 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author asper

That is unfortunatly a known issue in LabVIEW since 8.5. ID:45360 or 4I0EE2BQ (or both).

More information: in this post.

If you have an SSP account I would advise you to log this with your customer support (with a direct reference to the bugID so NI can look it up quickly).

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,869 Views)

Hi Ton,
I have had the suspect that the behavior was a bug, but from a search in the forum, evidently incomplete, I have did not find the answer.

It is sad that the CAR is still there from the LV 8.5

Thanks for the all information and links.
Asper

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,859 Views)