LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Languages in Labview

Hmm, so it appears to be a display mode setting only. If I send the Cyrillic string
to Word it gets converted back to a codepage string. LabVIEW will have to have
a Unicode datatype to support this type of operation, I think.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(1,711 Views)

hi,

could you please suggest how to do in windows ? 

Thanks & Regards,
Rajasekaran V
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(794 Views)

hi, 

Thanks for the guidance to enable the unicode display in LabVIEW.ini file. After changing the ini file, i can able to display the "tamil" language fonts in captions. 

we wish to change the language dynamically. if we used tamil/english version of captions, the unicode fonts are displayed properly. When we change the caption into english dynamically, after  enabling the unicode display in the caption, we are unable to display the caption in english. 

could you please suggest the solution for the same.

Thanks for your support. 

Thanks & Regards,
Rajasekaran V
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(791 Views)

We use a set of .ini files (one per language supported).  We use standard 2-letter language codes as file name suffixes for the .ini files.  Key names specify messages and key values are the message contents.  For example, in 'LANGUAGE_EN.ini' we might have a line like:  4.1.2 Power On = "Switch on the Main Power".  We also have a nice set of common terms, used to translate captions on controls, containing keys for such things as "START", "ABORT", etc.  To get this to work with Unicode, I modified the LabVIEW config file functions to support both ASCII and Unicode files.  See Unicode Config.Ini Files (go to the last 2 posts to get the latest version).  Our generic user interface automatically calls the translator.  Also we have a standard set of dialog boxes that auto-translate; and even an XControl that's an auto-translating string indicator.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(790 Views)