From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force quit DAQmx task?

Hi All,

I am new to Labview so please forgive these potentially stupid questions.

I put together a VI that receives external trigger from one of the PFI lines and gather a user-defined amount of pretrigger samples. The program has to rearm after saving the TDMS file, and listening for the next trigger. This above part seems to work now. But I am not able to figure out a way so that I can stop the program by hitting the "stop" button, instead of using the "Abort Execution" button on the tool bar.

I have attached my code here. Do I need to change the whole structure to something else to enable this functionality? Also I feel using the Case structure to check whether to increment and go to the next file is stupid, but if I don't do this the loop sometimes will keep running and increment that trial number crazily - which I thought would not happen if the DAQmx Wait Until Done.vi should halt the while loop in the middle.

Thanks very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,354 Views)

I found another problem in this VI, altough still haven't figured out how to this posted question. But please go to this page to continue the discussion. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,310 Views)

Hello Boto,

Just so it's clear: You are no longer using this thread, and have created a new one, which you have asked this question as well as the one about another issue with this VI, is that correct? 

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,285 Views)

Hi Mattew,

Yes I have asked the same question in addition to a new question on the same program in this other post.

Thanks for checking!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,276 Views)