LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font size problems with new version of LabVIEW..

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay, but my 2nd computer crashed.

New mother board and hard drive.

Now I've reloaded LabVIEW 2013, SP1 this time.

I Opened my VI, and it came up with fonts too large (20 point).

I closed without saving, and checked, they have not been saved since the font trouble started, so they should all have the 'old' smaller font size.

In LabVIEW 2013 on the new computer 2, I created a new VI, set the font size to 12 point and created some text.

In the font dialog box, set the Panel Default, and Diagram default to the 12 point size.

Closed the new VI.

Opened my project, and VI, from old Machine 1, and it still opens with 20 point fonts.

I would just like the VI to open with the font size as saved back in October, I really didn't think it'd be this hard.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(860 Views)

Hi Jeff,

This appears to be an old thread, so I would suggest posting this question as a new thread. 

Is the Front Panel affected the same way? What does the Text Settings in the toolbar read as when you open the Block Diagram? Does it change when you select an existing Label? It definitely sounds like a configuration setting in the LabVIEW environment, though I can't say for sure.

Again, I'd try restating the question in a new thread to get some fresh eyes on it.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(823 Views)

Hello Jeff, I got something similar when moving a Labview 2015 project to a new pc. I found that the windows control panel setting Display: Smaller (100%), Medium (125%) Larger (150%) is influencing both the font size in the development system (maybe ok, but project file list is unreadable at 150%), and also in the VI's themselves. I opened a project with a lot of text at "application default (15p)" that immedialtely was changed to 25p with the 150% windows setting.

Ola

PS. I got the following info from NI support that explains more about this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F9B8974821AFAF9C862578FF00519A52
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2F11E12E565D2DD5862579490062827D

Message 13 of 13
(719 Views)