From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font size on Windows 7 with LabVIEW 2009

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(1,823 Views)

Has there been an appropriate solution to this problem?

I've just come across the problem when installing a VI created on XP onto a windows 7 PC.

Is it a matter of defaulting the font in the front panel so that they are not system or application font?

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(1,687 Views)

I ended up doing this in LabVIEW.ini on Win7 machines:

appFont="Tahoma" 13

systemFont="Tahoma" 13

dialogFont="Tahoma" 13

BDFont="Tahoma" 13

It doesn't solve all the GUI oddities, but it's reasonably ok.

Message 33 of 37
(1,684 Views)

Yes, contrary to what I said previously, Tahoma does seem to work.  Tahoma is the default font for many machines, thankfully.  I have some old programs written in another font and I have changed some of them to Tahoma.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(1,670 Views)

So far this appears to have worked, except for we have our files checksummed so it is a big deal to change them. Is there something like a registry setting that can be used instead?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(1,567 Views)

I have found setting all the Windows Fonts to Tahoma 8 point and 100% size fixes the diagram alingment problems.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(1,465 Views)

This problem has been placed on the NI Idea Exchange:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Persistent-font-Settings/idi-p/943336

There are tons of ideas on the exchange, so those that get the most "Kudos" are considered sooner because R&D uses that to judge impact and severity.  Go to the above Idea Exchange page and Kudo it if you want R&D to fix this issue.

Systems Engineer
SISU
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(1,427 Views)