LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders in LabVIEW project won't expand

Somehow, LabVIEW is getting into a state where I can't expand folders within my project by clicking on the '+' button. 

If I right-click and select "Expand All", the folder does expand as usual. Then, I can collapse the folder by clicking the '-' button. It's only the '+' button that doesn't respond. 

When this happens, I can't open LabVIEW VIs from the Project Explorer with a double-click either. It's as if LabVIEW is not getting left-clicks, only right-clicks. 

Environment: Windows Server 2012, LabVIEW x64, using the computer over Remote Desktop from a Win 8 x64 laptop. 

Any idea what's happening here? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,977 Views)

You are sure this is limited to LabVIEW?  (I have to ask the obvious question, sorry.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,952 Views)

Folders and icons on the desktop respond to left-clicks as usual when this is occurring, which makes me think it's confined to LabVIEW. If you have any other diagnostic ideas though, I'd be happy to check. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,918 Views)

Hi asfarley,

Are you using LabVIEW 2012? If so, 2012 isn't fully compatible with Windows 8 which could be why you are seeing strange behavior. You could also try repairing your LabVIEW because there's a chance something could have been corrupted. You can follow along how to do that here.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FE6B641E86E55AF2862576DE00038001

Post back here, if you continue to have issues with this problem.

Paul C

Paul C
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,902 Views)

I too have a sneaking suspicion this is somehow related to your configuration of LabVIEW OS / Remote Desktop / Host OS rather than a LabVIEW specific issue - although perhaps it might be a LV 64-bit issue? Are there lots of items in the folders?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,893 Views)

It's LabVIEW 2014.

I'll consider a repair if this issue keeps happening but I don't really think it's a corrupt installation because it doesn't happen all the time. 

Sam_Sharp: the folders don't contain a huge number of items; maybe 5 or 6 items in some of the folders that wouldn't expand. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,883 Views)