LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Sequence Next Frame

Hey all,

I'm working on a very simple program on LabVIEW using flat sequences. In the first frame, the user must enter information about himself. I did that using the prompt input from user vi. Just after the user enters his information, I want the program to take me to the front panel where the user sees some waveform. The main problem that I'm facing is that when the user finishes entering his information in the pop-up window, the program remains where it is and does not move to the next step where the user sees information

I hope someone can help me

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,007 Views)

Post your vi. We cannot help you otherwise. I can tell from what you said that is seems that you do not use preferred Labview programming practices...

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,002 Views)

The main VI is called Installer.vi which calls a subvi (Final Input Vi).

When the program finishes from the first task in the flat sequence (User enters data), I want the program to immediately display the next task (which is when the user must press the start button to see the graph)

Thank you a lot for your kind help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,983 Views)

I don't see the problem. You have the first frame that is executed (requesting data from the user), then the user must press the button "Start", and then the sine is displayed in the graph. What is it that does not work? If you want the sine displayed right after the dialog, why don't you simply put the Sine function in the second frame?

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,957 Views)

@md001 wrote:

I don't see the problem....

INSTALLER%20TEST[1]_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,951 Views)

Not the best way to go but the VI waits until the user presses "Start". Isn't that what you want to do?

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,944 Views)

You are well advised to start with some tutorials and learn about state machine architecture. For example don't you want to branch into a different state when the dialog gets cancelled by the user, for example? Why do you unconditionally rattle through unskippable sequence frames?

Why do you think you need a cpu burner loop that consumes 100% of the CPU doing nothing? (See also here).

Add an error input output to your subVI and you can eliminate the entire sequence stucture.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,943 Views)

@md001 wrote:

...Isn't that what you want to do?

No...

one could easily translate flat sequenced events to a simple state machine. i remember that there was a web cast tutorial showing how to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,930 Views)

I don't think that everyone needs to become an expert before starting using Labview. The understanding of the benefits of design patterns comes with use and experience of Labview. There is not point explaining data flow or design patterns if someone does not understand a flat sequence for example.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,920 Views)