LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash memory card data checking, how do to Folders/files comparison in Labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I need to Check and verify the data which is stored in a Flash memory card, sience I have a Good Flash Card contant, I hv to write a VI to check Suspected Bad Flash Card data against Good Flash memory Card data,  I am using List Folder function, output of List Folder is compared with the constant string data which contains the folder and files name (since I know the content of Good card). 

Is ther any other methods to compare data/files/folders, like CRC check for whole data..any Leads, Ideas? please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Ravikumar C

Ravikumar.C
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,105 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ravikumar.C

The File I/O palette has a function for performing an MD5 on a file.  If you want to detect the validity of a set of files, what if you had a list of md5s, and files, and then performed a check to see if all files on have the expected MD5.  Of course you'll need to take a baseline of known good files, and MD5s.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,102 Views)

How to perform MD5 on Good Data, if possible can you please explain this concept with a VI.  many thanks..

Ravikumar.C
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,097 Views)

Sure, attached is a quick example.  This uses a 3rd party program called ExactFile found here.

http://www.exactfile.com/

With it you can make a single file, that describes the MD5s of files and files in folders, then use that single file to verify that the files are what you expect.

The zip contains a couple batch files.  One for making the .md5 file, one for verifying the files are all there and good.  I also made a VI which calls the batch file showing how it can work from LabVIEW.

Message 4 of 4
(2,092 Views)