LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox plugin

I am trying to open a labview generated webpage in firefox, and I get the message that I need to install a plugin. I have, thanks to this forum, found the right dll file that comes with my labview (2013 64bit). But everywhere I look I am told that it must be put in my Firefox plugin folder, but there is no such folder. Typing about: plugins in firefox reveals that the plugins are installed all over the place, and trying to use the install from file function in the about:addons in firefox just gives me an error as it will only deal with xpi or jar files.

It seems newer versions of Firefox don't support manually adding a dll file as an addon. Anyon found a workaround for this problem?

And yes, I have tried just manually creating a plugins folder, both in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox and C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\***\ and for good measure even in the C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\***\  (even though the last in was not recommended anywhere, unlike the two first).

I am using Windows 7 (64bit) and Mozilla Firefox 33.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,146 Views)

Hi,

I have included a link to a white paper that may help you out with this

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/151BE12C055F57CE86257043006CB4B3

Kind Regards

CameronW
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
Message 2 of 2