LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding cDAQ Resource VI's

Solved!
Go to solution

Newbie question.....I have my cDAQ chassis connected to my PC via a USB cable, with 4 cards installed (DIO, AIO, RTD and relay card. They all show up in NI Max.

How / Where do I find these resources in LabView. I searched Measurement I/O from the diagram window, but did not see them there.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,018 Views)

I'm not sure by what you mean by "I searched Measurement I/O from the diagram window".  But if you started out with a DAQ Assistant, you should see the modules and channels when you configure it there.  If you did a bit more advanced programming using actual DAQmx functions like Create Task, when you create a control or constant from the Channel input, you'd be able to browse and find the device, module, and channels in that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,006 Views)

I am not sure where to find the DAQ Assistant, Can you point me in the right direction? The link you included did not seem to work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,986 Views)

Hello CastleWorks,

you can find the DAQ assistant under the palette Measurement I/O -> DAQmx -> DAQ assistant

Getting Started with NI-DAQmx: Basic Programming with NI-DAQmx

Unbenannt.PNG

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,945 Views)

Hi Alexander,

That was my thought, they should show up under th Measurement I/O pallet....but I am not seeing them there. Is there a first step I need to do for LabView to recognize them? Here is a shot of NI Max as well.

pellet.png

max.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CastleWorks

Hello CastleWorks,

which LabVIEW version and DAQmx version is installed?

Reinstall or repair the driver could help.

NI-DAQmx 16.1

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,928 Views)

I reinstalled DAQmx and that fixed it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,914 Views)