LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the VI named

Hi

I have a new Labview 2009 suite set up for me by IT (I am a programmer new at Labview) and I have been given a Labview program (also in 2009) to modify for a project.

Unfortunately, the program keeps asking me to 'Find the VI Named "....vi"'.  I have searched my PC and the other guy's directory (he is out of contact) and cannot find any of the .vi files requested.

So far I can only guess that:

1/ Labview wasn't set up with all the required modules (but which ones do I ask for?  'All of them' seems a bit unprofessional)

2/ the .vi files are inside .dlls or similar

3/ I need a patch or update for 2009 SP1

4/ The guy didn't give me everything (ie it's on his USB key or something)

If I hit 'ignore' for all the requests, the block diagram comes up with some greyed boxes with question marks in them.  I have googled this question but I must be the only one too stupid to work this out myself...

Is there a master list of the NI .vi files so I can say something like 'I need the 'NI-Borg Assimilator' module', which contains the .vi I need?

Examples of .vi needed:

"kcm fund distort.vi"

"label to port bit number.vi"

"load select to port bits.vi"

"ULx Write (Digital 1D U8 NChan 1Samp).vi"

"ULx Write.vi"

"ULx Stop Task.vi"

"ULx Create Channel (D0-Digital Output).vi"

There are others, but hopefully this will twig for someone...

Thanks

Brendon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,015 Views)

I don't think you are missing any LabVIEW modules.  But you might be missing some third party drivers.

Any chance you are using a Measurement Computing DAQ device?

The ones starting with UL... sound like ones in the MCC Universal Library.  You can dowload and intall their driver from here http://www.mccdaq.com/software.aspx.

KCM fund distort sounds rather odd.  I have no clue as to what that is supposed to mean.

The label and load might be a part of the MCC library, but I'm not sure.

Start by downloading and installing the MCC Universal Library, then try again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,009 Views)

Those are not VIs that are part of a normal LabVIEW distribution. They are probably drivers for whatever hardware you are using. The ULx VIs are probably for an MCC DAQ board. Download and install that. Don't know about the others. Perhaps subVIs in that driver or for another piece of hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,007 Views)

Thanks guys, the solution was a mix of installing MCCDAQ tools and some obscure subvi files that were common to some of our projects.

Again thanks for your help

-B

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,997 Views)