From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find all zeros VI - changing parameters

Hello,

i have the following problem:

I want to solve an equation (with a few free parameters which can be changed in the program). I was trying to use find all zeros of f(x) VI, however i can't do one thing.

It is very importnat for me to change the parameters, therefore i used the option in find all zeros.. to implement the function by VI. However, i can connect only reference to a VI with connector pane containing only x and data input and f(x) output.

For example my VI root finder can find roots of f(x)=sin(x) (from zero.vi), but i would like to choose function f(x)=a*sin(x+b) and change the values of a and b.

Other idea is just to take the values for a and b, change them from number to string and then connect put them inside formula string by connecting strings... but it will be really messy.

Is it possible to solve my problem somehow?

Thank you very much for your answer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,426 Views)

Close to what you suggested, just less mess:

FindZerosFromFormula.png

FindZerosFromFormula.png

Message 2 of 3
(2,417 Views)

thanks a lot Darin!

but still it seems strange for me that it can't be done in Labview in easier way (for example by making this formula VI with many free parameters).

wielkie dzieki!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,366 Views)