LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Systems VI keeps showing cached devices

Hi,

I've been building an application which searches for some compactRIO devices in my network and communicates with them. To find all devices in my network I'm using the "Find Systems" VI. At first the VI worked perfectly. It even detected when a device was unplugged from the network (exactly what I want). Since this week the "Find Systems" VI started showing the devices which are offline but cached by labview even when the "Include Cached Results" was set to "none" or "only if online".

Find Devices.png

This is the test VI which I'm using to recreate the problem.

I'm using labview 2015.

I hope someone can help me and explain why this VI keeps showing the cached devices.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
(3,273 Views)

Anyone?

Message 2 of 8
(3,229 Views)

hi,

Include Cached Results input on Find systems.vi should be set to 'Only if online'

If that doesnt work then there may be some issues in your network connectivity . Try creating an indicator for error cluster and see whether you are getting any error, this could help. If no error is obtained then try refreshing the network devices and try again

Kudos Welcome 🙂

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (2).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
Message 3 of 8
(3,210 Views)

As told in the starting post, I already tried the "Only if online" and this didn't gave me wanted results.

I also tried to run the VI with a additional Error indicator but this gave me no results.

Message 4 of 8
(3,193 Views)

I also encounter this problem (using Labview 2017).

Message 5 of 8
(2,515 Views)

I'm still having this issue in LabVIEW 2018.

Message 6 of 8
(2,382 Views)

I hadn't seen this issue before today, but am having a similar problem with LV2018.

Find Systems is showing a cached duplicate with a different IP.

Any new feedback or help on this bug from NI?

Updated: A reboot of my development system eliminated the outdated cached duplicate.

Tech Advisor - Automation
LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,183 Views)

Same problem in LV2019, and it is driving me crazy. No way to just show the online systems.

Also I am using a VPN and I Find System doen't discover any system, although they show perfectly uner MAX>

Any progress in this issue? Anyone got it working?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,005 Views)