cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Focus from TypeDefs?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

in my application I have a function that find the control which has currently the focus (to get some properties of this control afterwards). A simplified copy of this function I attached below.

My question: Why doesn't the method works when control is a typedef?

Kind regards

Christian

Christian

Test Engineering
digades GmbH
www.digades.com
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,865 Views)
Solution
Accepted by C.D.

CD,

Looking at the help page of that particular method, it appears that it is not available with strict type definitions.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvprop/vi_find_control_with_key_focus/

Interestingly, I was not able to get the key focus to work for either enum.  I'm using LabVIEW 2014 but I would be interested in knowing what version of LabVIEW you were using so I can try this out tomorrow when I have access to more versions.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,834 Views)

Hi Matt,

thank you for your response. I think my only chance is to release the concerning controls from its TypeDefs.

By the way - it doesn't works neither with TypeDef nor with StriktTypeDef (I use the German version of LabVIEW 2013, hope you can interpret my translated designations).

You can set key focus to enum controls only by operate Tab-key on keyboard. You can't set it directly by mouse click.

Kind regards

Christian

Christian

Test Engineering
digades GmbH
www.digades.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,816 Views)

@C.D. wrote:

You can set key focus to enum controls only by operate Tab-key on keyboard. You can't set it directly by mouse click.

Christian

Okay, I see what you were seeing now.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,802 Views)

Hey everyone,

In LabVIEW 2015, support was added to the FindCrtlWithKeyFocus invoke node for typedefs. 

Message 5 of 5
(2,652 Views)