LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File transfer option not available for remote devices under MAX

I am currently using LabVIEW 2012 and am using a application running on a Windows 7 PC to communicate (TCP/IP over Ethernet) with a RT PC.  I have built an installer that installs a LabVIEW application as well as MAX on the Windows 7 PC.  After installation i can open MAX and browse under Remote Systems to my RT device but am unable to ftp files to the the RT device as the File Transfer feature on the drop down menu is not shown. (This PC does not have the LabVIEW development environment installed.)  Does anyone know if there are Additional Installers that are required to be included that will activate this feature or any reason why this feature in not available?

Regards,

Rob  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,150 Views)

Did you include the MAX FTP Client from the RT module in your installer? See this knowledgebase to see what I mean:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/571113c2ce05998e862574e8006005a2?OpenDocument

Also, you can most likely just do ftp using windows explorer, if you prefer that method. Just open up windows explorer, and in the address bar type "ftp://x.x.x.x/" (where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the RT PC you are accessing.

Also, are you using the LabVIEW real-time module on your RT PC?

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,123 Views)