Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File operation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am finding difficulties in the following problem,

When I am performing a file operation using the Queuing method from one loop to another loop I am getting the previous measured values at the starting of the file. For removing it I flushed every time to the queue but the problem still exist So please suggest Some idea. Also for more explanation for saving the measurement value I am using the binary as well as spread sheet and when I am going to analysis my data using saved data the problem persist.

So please help me and if you need more help or clarification regarding the problem please let me know.

I am looking forward for the solution.

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,037 Views)

Please attach VI, it'll help us decipher your message.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,030 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,022 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ajaxy

Hi Sammir,

1. One obtain queue and release queue in both loop?

You can close queue in either in producer loop or in consumer loop.

2. Loop Synchronization is required.

3. Put Error indicator in front of obtain queue/flush queue.

4. Put force destroy true on release queue function

Now according to me if you are using flush queue function in the beginning on any program this issue should not be raised because queue is already flush. its a strange behavior because I have develop a dummy VI and try to run code similar to yours and its working fine for me.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,008 Views)

I tried your solution but still the same problem I am attaching my waveform which are gernerated with the strored result take a look.

and if you know solution please  post it. We are using compact RIO 9082 with 8 slot and NI9220 system with inbuil FPGA. We are getting input from the FPGA VI to HOst VI internally. I think now the question is clear.

And thank you very much for answer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,994 Views)

Hello Himanshu,

Please see the attached fig the problem still persist in the program please any suggestation.

Any suggestation are well come.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,945 Views)

Hello Sammir,

Any specific reason to use spreadsheet file write?

Why can't you go with TDMS or other file format.....

Use open TDMS file function before cosumer loop and write data in consumer loop and close reference after ending of while loop..

Consumer loop inner case if you devide any number by 1 the result always true, now what is the use of inner loop?

Any specific reason to put timout in dequeue 100 ms, put -1 whenever value come its dequeue otherwise loop wait for value.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,923 Views)

Hello Sammir,

Are you able to share any of your actual code (VIs, not screenshots) over here?

This should really speed it up the troubleshooting process.

At this moment, still alot of cases are unknown/hidden based on your screenshots.

If you can share the code (or a section that reproduces the issues FPGA), then we would be able to help you better.

Other things are not clear to me:

- Why do you have a "quotient and remainder" function that divides by 1? (like Himanshu_Goyal mentioned)

- What your "append to file" boolean input of the "Write To Spreadsheet VI" is at each moment in time. (not known because of the hidden cases)
  I see a shift register, but not what is connected to it in the hidden cases.

Can you provide us with any information on what is happening on the FPGA itself?
This will allow us to have a complete overview of the issue.

PS: I also saw that you previously seemed to be using binary file IO functions. (based on remaining and unused controls)
Is there any reason why you are no longer using them?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,906 Views)