cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File dialog box slow down execution

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am using Labview 8.2.1 with Windows XP.

I have a program who's allow the user to select any file or folder thanks to File dialog box.

For a reason that i don't understand when this dialog box is displayed, other parrallel while loop time execution goes slow down.

Put on my LabView front panel File Path command without any code and press "Browse" file button as shown on joined picture_1 birng slow down execution of the while loop.

Does any body could explain why this problem appear ?

By switch off on LabView Tool parameter "Use native file dialogs" (picture_2). the problem disapear. Unfortunately this kind of old dialog box is not practical...

If any body have an idea it could help me.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,586 Views)

How exactly you figured it out, that the other loop is slowed down, after you click on the browse button?

Can you attach you code here.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,573 Views)

It may be that their dialogue is looping with an insufficient wait in the loop. I guess your only other choice is to create your own dialogue VI. I guess not many people try to display dialogues whilst processing in parallel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,564 Views)

Hello,

When the File dialog box is running, other while loop time execution goes down.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,560 Views)

@__KB__ wrote:

Hello,

When the File dialog box is running, other while loop time execution goes down.

Thanks.

This you have already mentioned in your first post... now my question is how you've actually figured it out... or can you share your code here???

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,555 Views)

Thanks all for help.

My program is too big to be added here. I'm trying to build a simple program to reproduce the problem.

What i see is that data graph are writen more slowly when the file dialog box is running.

Scan back log of daqmx acquisition  in ohter while loop goes up too continuously...

I have already build my own file dialog box... but it is less friendly than  Windows File Dialog box...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,535 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author __KB__

Hello,

I finally understand why Scanback of my acquisition loop goes up when I use file dialog box.

It is because I have too much access (by reference) on front panel indicator like Graphics.

By avoiding the using  references, the scanback log goes up a few ms, and goes down quicly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,457 Views)