cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Transfer(image/pdf/etc) via Bluetooth

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I am seeking a way to send files via bluetooth such as image/pdf/etc from a labview program(in a pc) to a smartphone(or any device with bluetooth). While I am sending the files with Labview, the receiving end will not be a labview program. It will be just like phone to a phone file transfer.

I realized that there are drivers/examples on this bluetooth sending/receive file, but they are sending strings and the receiver need to translate it into the file again. They are different with my application where the smartphone will not have a labview program...

Any advise..?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,709 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author whop

You could start here and may be also contact Shaun to see if he has an updated version.

http://lavag.org/topic/9932-obex-opp-over-bluetooth/

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,701 Views)

there are few types of file that I couldn't send. Anyhow, this example is a jumpstart for me....Thank You...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,665 Views)

its very easy buddy, just rename the image /pdf /any file you want to send to text file (.txt) and you can able to send.

on the receiver end when you receive your file just rename (.txt file that you received ) back to the actual extension(.jpg,.pdf etc)

I hope this answers your question...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,269 Views)