LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fieldpoint 15.5 corrupts NI-MAX?

NI MAX 15.3 always starts up on my Windows 10 laptop now with a "There was a problem updating the settings for this device" warning for My System, and if I try to detecto remote devices (I have both Fieldpoint and sbRIOs online) it finds the Fieldpoint devices, but noen of the sbRIOs - and the search will never terminate...

Having unsuccessuflly tried fixing this with a repair install, I uninstalled *everything* and installed a clean LabVIEW 2015 SP2f1 and the cRIO-drivers from the 2015 SP1 driver disks. NI MAX worked fine then, and was able to detect my remote sbRIOs. However, I then installed Rapid Application Deployment Tool 14.0  - built to include all the suggested drivers, including Fieldpoint 15.5 (no 15.5 equivalent for MAX I guess...) as this was installed on the computer where I buildt that installer..and voila, NI MAX is back to misbehaving. And the RAD tool will search forever as well.

I can work on my sbRIOs from the machine just fine from LabVIEW, the only problem there is that I am unable to reboot the devices (where from other machines I get a password dialog and successfully reboot the device from there). 

Any idea on how to fix this /what exatcly to avoid?Right now it seems like the only option is to uninstall all National Instruments software *again*...and get by without the RAD tool (or at leats not install it with accompanying drivers/RTE)...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,683 Views)