LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feildpoint Express VIs not available in LV 2010?

nathand:

I tried without success to add the FP Express VIs to the pallet.  I was unabel to find the VI's on the local drive.

I AM able to see the Express VI's on my block diagram, even though I can't find them or load them on the pallet.  Interestingly, when I open one project, they work fine.  When I open this particular VI, the Express VIs give me this error.  Since its an Express VI, I cannot see the block diagram inside so I have no clue why it doesn't want to work.  

Any ideas?

I will try to replace them with the standard FP code and see what I get.  It just frustrating to have to re-code things that were working before.

SP32-20160302-095434.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(951 Views)

It would be helpful to see the explanation of the error, which is hidden in your screenshot.

You can convert an Express VI to normal code by right-clicking on it, and choosing "Open Front Panel" (note that you cannot reverse this operation - once you save it the created subVI, you can't turn it back into an Express VI). That will show you the generated code, which should make it easier to find and correct the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(943 Views)

This is what the error says...  (extrememly helpful)

SP32-20160302-121430.jpg

I opened the front panel and dug through about 10 other VIs until I go to the last VI with the error.

The error appears to originate in the "Details Display Dialog.vi"  This is obviously an NI supplied VI, so I'm not sure why it would have issues here and not in the other VI that runs fine.  The error for this is shown below.

SP32-20160302-131225.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(936 Views)
I have no idea what that "8.0 Enter Compat" VI does, you could open it and look, but there's a good chance you can remove it entirely. That VI is buried in the error handling. I don't know what the options are in the Express VI, but if you have options for how to handle errors, my guess would be that that's where the difference is between the working and non-working versions.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(924 Views)

And the final solution will be to just get rid of the Fieldpoint Express VI and replace it with a regular fieldpoint VI.

Seriously.  The regular VI's are plenty easy to use.  Probably easier to use than an Express VI.  And will certainly work better than a broken Express VI.

Stop avoiding it and make the change.

Message 15 of 15
(914 Views)