LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeding additional data to Write to Measurement File VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working on a program which will log thermocouple data (NI9213) along with some power data pulled from a couple DMMs. At the moment, I have the thermocouple data being fed into the "Write to Measurement File" VI and I am writing Voltage Current and Power to a seperate file using the write to spreadsheet file VI.

What I am looking for is someway to combine these two into one log file. Is there a way to add these additional variables into the waveform data being fed to the Write to Measurement file VI? If not, ideas on how to merge this data into just one log file would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(3,217 Views)

You could try having the second Write to Measurement File VI write to the same file as the first VI, but change the setting under "If a file already exists to Append to file". 

ss+(2015-03-05+at+10.43.33).png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(3,174 Views)

Doesn't look like that will work....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(3,164 Views)
Please show your code and explain better what you want to accomplish. Do you want all of the results on separate columns? Is the dmm code in a separate loop?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(3,155 Views)

Here is the area of my code that includes logging of TC(Thermocouple) data and logging of voltage, current, and power. The TC data is fed to the Write to Measurement File VI while V, C, and P are fed to a subVI which continuously logs them in a seperate spreadsheet file. Ultimately, if possible, I would like to be able to just feed the V, C, and P values in with the TC data where they would be logged in their own colum along with the TC data.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(3,132 Views)
You just have to convert the dmm readings to a waveform data type and append them to the DAQmx waveform array with the Build Array function.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(3,126 Views)

Thanks!

I made an attempt at this yesterday but was not able to get the DMM data into the correct format bundled with the TC data in order for the write to measurement file VI to accept it. Do you know of a link to an example?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(3,122 Views)
How did you do this attempt? Show what you did, please. I'm posting from my phone so an image would be appreciated. I would expect a simple conversion with the Set Waveform Components.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(3,117 Views)

I haven't worked with waveform datatypes before so excuse my ignorance :). Here is a failed attempt (sorry for the ugly wiring):

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(3,112 Views)

Just tried this(below) and the tdms file had a new sheet for each temp measurement and I don't see any of the DMM inserted into the file.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(3,107 Views)