From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Always skip password prompts

[cross-posted on LAVA]

I love the new option to Skip remaining password prompts when using the Find feature in LabVIEW. But, to be honest, I don't have a single use-case for ever searching inside password protected VIs. I only use password protection as a way to lock installed libraries or distributed software products.

So, I would love to have the option to Always skip password prompts, so that I never have to see this dialog again. Of course, this setting should be available in the LabVIEW Options dialog, so that it can be reset.

Thanks,

-Jim

Message Edited by Jim Kring on 09-14-2007 01:01 PM

Message 1 of 4
(3,020 Views)

I've been using LabVIEW on a particular computer for over a year and never saw this prompt. Then suddenly this irritating box started popping up for EVERY SINGLE SEARCH I do. It will not stop. I would like to never see it again. How can I get rid of this virus-like box?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,373 Views)

In your Find dialog you probably have the "Ignore VIs in vi.lib" checkbox unchecked. It's at the bottom of the window.

You can also choose to vote for this idea: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Find-and-Replace-dialog-box-should-have-option-to-skip...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,369 Views)

That's it! I must have accidentally changed that box somehow. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,359 Views)