LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal internal error: "AppEntryPoint.cpp", line 74

Hello:  My new installation of LabView 8.5 fails to progress past the start screen and gives the message 'Fatal Internal Error: "AppEntryPoint.cpp", line 74.'  Does anyone know what causes this?

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,713 Views)
see here for same kind of error
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,702 Views)
Thank you.  The circumstances under which I receive the error are different.  The poster AAvedro received the saame error message while attempting to write data to a .vi that was closed, but I cannot start Labview at all (the error message terminates LabView's startup). Any further advice?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,694 Views)

Not much information to go on, so I would suggest trying the old stand-bys:

• Do you get the option to "investigate error" the next time you launch LabVIEW? If so, select to "investigate now", which send the error log to NI.
  • Delete the labview.ini file (found in the LabVIEW installation directory, which is probably C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5).
  • Reinstall LabVIEW.
  • Update your video drivers (not likely to be the problem, but this has sometimes been a problem in the past).
Message 4 of 5
(2,691 Views)

Hi ebgolden,

Unfortunately, the error that you are receiving is an error with LabVIEW internal code.  When you select "Investigate Error," an error log is created and sent to us so we can use the information to prevent this crash from occurring in any future releases.  For now, the suggestions above should work just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,671 Views)