From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Internal Error: "ThEvent.cpp", line 190

Solved!
Go to solution

HiI have a project in Labview 8.5. The project is made of: Statechart module and vision. The project contains few hundreds of vi.When I am running the project I receive the flowing error: Fatal Internal Error: "ThEvent.cpp", line 190. When I try to investigate the problem using probes and break points, the problem doesn't appear. When the error appears Labview doesn't record any debug information.

Regards

Gabi 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,700 Views)

Do you mean that the next time you launch LV you don't get the dialog to investigate the error? After LV has crashed (after you have clicked ok on the fatal internal error dialog and LV has exited), can you look in your %temp% directory for something named like "LabVIEW_8.5..._log.txt"? If you can find that, it would help the investigation start.

Also, does it reliably crash after a certain period of time, when you do something, etc? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,697 Views)
On the next launch of LV, after the crash, I don't get the dialog box to investigate the problem.I look for  "LabVIEW_8.5..._log.txt", file with name like this doesn't exist on the hard disc.The crash happens after the hardware initialization and right after entering into statechart.Regards, Gabi 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,682 Views)

It is very peculiar that the log file is not being written.

However, that particular internal error is triggered by some code that detects things like memory corruption, so perhaps LV is so unstable before the crash that it can't even get the log file output to disk.

If you have files we can reproduce this with, it would be very helpful. If the setup is not simple (I noticed you mentioned hardware initialization) or if you would prefer to not post things here, let me know and we can get someone to communicate with you over email to try to get more info to reproduce/diagnose the issue.

Thanks,

Nick 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,675 Views)

I've got the same error message: this error happens after launching several Vi dynamicaly that are shown in a secondary front-panel. The hardware is simulated. The error file says:

####
#Date: lun. 17 nov. 2008 09:52:14
#OSName: Windows NT
#OSVers: 5.1
#AppName: LabVIEW
#Version: 8.5
#AppKind: FDS
#AppModDate: 07/24/2007 19:07 GMT

source\mgcore\ThEvent.cpp(190) : DAbort:
$Id: //labview/branches/Jupiter/dev/source/mgcore/ThEvent.cpp#7 $
0x00B15F58 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x0A0083C3 - <unknown> <unknown> + 0
0x0AFF013C - <unknown> <unknown> + 0
0x00AD1230 - LabVIEW <unknown> + 0
0x000594EC - <unknown> <unknown> + 0

I don't understand anything. The VI work properly a few days before and since, I haven't made big modifications.

Message 5 of 7
(4,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gabi_hor

Hi

I found the problem in camera driver that I am using. I change the way I am working with the camera and this overcome the problem.

Regrads

Gabi 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,554 Views)
Thank you, I will look at the hardware.
Message 7 of 7
(4,548 Views)