LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Internal Error: memory.cpp line 638 labview error

Hi,
I am running labVIEW 7.1 executable on several PC's. Occasionally, (1 hour to 5 days of runtime) I get the memory.cpp line 638 error and labVIEW crashes when I select okay to this error message. I contacted NI with no luck.
I read a posting where it said that this error could be due to using "Type Cast" function, which I don't use in my programs. Also, I recall someone telling me that this error happens when using the "Elapsed Time" function with llb's but I don't use that function either. Because of the random nature of the error I don't know where to look. I would appreciate any help that I can get.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nish
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,757 Views)
Hello Nish,

Could you give us some more information on what is going on in your VI, how it's setup and which VIs you are using (if you cannot post a copy of your VI)? This would be helpful in tracking down what could be causing this problem.

Also, you mentioned that you contacted NI. When the cpp error appeared, did you choose to investigate the error? By choosing this option, a log with be generated and emailed to us here at NI. This log is often very helpful in tracking down the cause of the cpp error.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,744 Views)