LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastcomm ESCC-PCMCIA Card

Hi,

I have bought a product of Fastcomm which a pcmcia card. However MAX doesn't see this product under Drivers section so the Labview. Therefore, I cannot use this ESCC-PCMCIA card for my applications. Your help is crucially important.

Thanks in advance.

Berk.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,677 Views)

When last i worked with FastCom (ESCC-PCI) there support was excellent. I would start with them.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,675 Views)

Dear Ben,

i have asked about the problem to the fastcomm and they said that i should use the dll file in cd they suppliedd.

However i have no idea about using dll files in Labview. Help is inevitable. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,668 Views)

@beckology wrote:

Dear Ben,

i have asked about the problem to the fastcomm and they said that i should use the dll file in cd they suppliedd.

However i have no idea about using dll files in Labview. Help is inevitable. Thanks in advance.

OK.

I'll asume it is working fine using the examples they provided.

in that case you should start a new thread asking about how to use a dll.

But first search the site for KB's and discussions on using a dll in LV. The KB may be a little cryptic and if so then chase down post by RolfK becuase he is one of the most prolific posters on the subject of dll's (seriously, I suspect he has covered every aspect of dll usage so study his posts).

What you will end up with in the end is what is commonly called a "wrapper" which is a sub-VI that has the appropriate dll call. The subVI will have input/output terminals to allow you to pass paramters to the dll call and get info back from it.

The heart of the wrapper will be a "Call Library Function Node" (see palette >>> Cnnectivity >>> Libraries and executables >>> Call Library Function.

One you drop one of those on the diagram, you can right-click and configure it to point at the dll and the function you are after.

You should know the calling convention used (if wrong LV may crash when VI is opened!) and the nature of the data being passed to and recieved from the dll. Pointers if used may complicate your life but again, Rolf has already answered every question.

Backup often, nad have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,665 Views)