LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Cycle Loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Labview thinks i made a cycle and adds a feedback node but actually i didn't and i dont want that feedback node or any error.
I'm writing at X+L Location and reading from X Location of the same array, that's not a cycle loop.

What can i do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,427 Views)

You implemented an illegal cycle (when not using a shift register or feedback node).

Please carefully review the output value connection of vc(s) to the array operations......

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,415 Views)
LabVIEW Works on DataFlow.
-Cleanup Block diagram and see yourself the flow
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,412 Views)

You do have a cycle.  The output of the Addition goes into a Multiplication, vc(s).  This result is used with a Replace Array Subset, whose result is used with an Index Array, whose result is used in the Select function, whose result is the Y for the Addition.

From what I see, the simple solution is to use the array before the Replace Array Subset for the Index Array.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,407 Views)

crossrulz ha scritto:

You do have a cycle.  The output of the Addition goes into a Multiplication, vc(s).  This result is used with a Replace Array Subset, whose result is used with an Index Array, whose result is used in the Select function, whose result is the Y for the Addition.

From what I see, the simple solution is to use the array before the Replace Array Subset for the Index Array.

Exactly but the indexing of the two arrays are different. I'm replacing in a location , and reading from another, so that's not a "dataflow" loop, but just a simple wiring loop which shouldn't be of any problem

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,396 Views)

THAT is a cycle:

Cycle.png

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,389 Views)

Is there a way to Ignore this cycle error?
I want my wires wired in this way because the dataflow is not a cycle

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,379 Views)

@GianmarcoSbarra wrote:

Is there a way to Ignore this cycle error?

Use a shift register or a feedback node (for pipelining)

@GianmarcoSbarra wrote:

I want my wires wired in this way because the dataflow is not a cycle

You implemented a cyclic construct using dataflow. LV tells you so and many forum users do so as well. I wonder why you have issues in accepting things.... unless you are a fan of alternative facts and fake news.

Also another hint: Programming is about implementing an algorithm, not about "doing what i want to". Either your algorithm is flawed (requiring data before they are generated) or your understanding of the algorithm is incorrect. In either way, it is not going to happen like you want it to because, because it is simply not possible (unless using pipelining).

Last hint: You would have that very same issue in ANY programming language. So don't blame LV.....

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,376 Views)

@GianmarcoSbarra wrote:

I'm replacing in a location , and reading from another

Then Index from the array before the Replace Array Subset.  If you are reading and replacing in two different indexes, then it won't matter.

But the reason it is a cycle is due to Rule #1 of dataflow: A function cannot execute until it has all of its inputs and will not output anything until it has completed execution.  So since your Index Array depends on data from the Replace Array Subset which is indirectly dependent on the output of the Index Array, you have a cycle.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 12
(3,369 Views)

crossrulz ha scritto:

@GianmarcoSbarra wrote:

I'm replacing in a location , and reading from another

Then Index from the array before the Replace Array Subset.  If you are reading and replacing in two different indexes, then it won't matter.

But the reason it is a cycle is due to Rule #1 of dataflow: A function cannot execute until it has all of its inputs and will not output anything until it has completed execution.  So since your Index Array depends on data from the Replace Array Subset which is indirectly dependent on the output of the Index Array, you have a cycle.

Thank you for understanding what i'm trying to say. 
What do you mean with "Then Index from the array before the Replace Array Subset.", i don't get how to implement it

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,365 Views)