LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Color Imagery In Labview?

Hello,
I am currently working on a project where I take a micrograph of particles and color them acccording to the type of arrangement they are in (ie. cubic close packed or hexagonal close packed). My partner is in charge of calculating the particle distances and I am in charge of the labview interface. My goal is to create a threshhold slider which, based on the xy particle distances, colors the cubic one color and the hexagonal another. Im not sure if labview likes image manipulation or not, and any tips would be appreciated since I am still relatively new to the program (I know the basics but the more in depth functions I am lacking knowledge about). Thanks

-Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,766 Views)

Hi Ryan,

It is a little difficult for us to help since we are not all well acquainted with your project. Maybe if you provided some more information on what you need LabVIEW to do other forum members could share their experience. For instance what are you passing into LabVIEW (are you opening a picture, a text document, or perhaps acquiring data from a DAQ card)? Then tell us what you want LabVIEW to do with that information and what you want the output to be. Thanks and good luck on your project!

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,743 Views)
ok here we go, im going to try my best to write down what is going on in my head.

OK. so we have an image of particles, most likely going to be an SEM image.

The image is analyzed in a program called ImageJ and the particle numbers, the mean area, circularity, and x-y coordinates are all calculated.

Once this is done another member of my group has made an algorithm where the particle number is given and the numbers of the seven nearest neighbors are also given (see attached spreadsheet). My goal is to use the x-y coordinates to create some sort of threshhold slider control that can give color attributes to the first picture i posted (and other different pictures in the future). The cubic packed particles are to be colored one way while the hexagonal packed particles are to be colored another color.

So essentially i am trying to develop a quick way to visualize the particle packing arrangements in micrographs using color patterns.

If anyone can give me any guidance on this i would be very grateful.

thank you

-Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,728 Views)
Does anyone have any resources on Labview image manipulation besides the integrated help system in the program?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,706 Views)
seven nearest neighbors are also given (see attached spreadsheet).

I don't think you attached the file. How do you get the image?? Is it IMAQ, jpg,png,bmp file?? The Graphics & Sound, Picture Functions will let you draw shapes on top of an existing picture. Maybe you could use the xy coords to determine where to draw on the original image.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,702 Views)
Ah I thought i attached the spreadsheet. I will attach it as soon as im back on the computer that the file is located on. And the picture is a .jpg that came from the scanning electron microscope.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,699 Views)