LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to connect to specified hostname.

I'm trying to connect to a server using the attached VI and I am getting Error 363500 (screenshot also attached).

This project (executable file) works on another computer on the same network and it works and I can't figure out what is wrong.

I tried figuring this out from all kind of directions but came up empty.

.net framework version is 4+, runtime version is 2014 (program made on labview 2014), run it as an administrator, disabled all firewalls and antiviruses, DNS service works fine.

Any thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nitsan Gonen
Application Engineer
NI Israel
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,388 Views)

Hi Nitsan,

It looks like you've definitely exhausted many of the typical approaches to solving issues like these. I may suggest trying something as simple as removing the '?' from your URL input into the HTTP Post VI. Since the VI has a separate input, 'buffer', for input parameters, I believe the VI itself is including the '?' for you, and just asking for the base server URL for the 'url' input. Let me know how this works for you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,296 Views)

Did you check the configuration on the server computer? Perhaps the server only accepts connections from specific IP addresses (or blocks connections from specific addresses). From the computer where your program does not work, are you able to connect to that URL using a web browser?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,278 Views)

Same problem!

Did you solved?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,039 Views)

"Highjacking" a 6-year old thread isn't likely to be helpful (to you or to the LabVIEW Community).  I would suggest you ask the Moderators to remove your Post, and create a New Message, where you describe what you are trying to do, and post the code that you are trying to execute (and describe the failure mode you are seeing).  If we don't know what you are doing, we are unlikely to help you fix it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,024 Views)

Definitely echo Bob's recommendation. "Me too" messages do not work well for technical bug reports! Describe in detail your setup, the exact parameters you use, the errors you encounter, and by all means don't be shy about appending actual code to your problem description!

Our psychic abilities are very limited, I for one can't mind read, have no clairvoyance, nor can I magically see code that is not on my own computer!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,991 Views)