0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,724 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

@RTSLVU wrote:

Does this mean I am screwed?

screwed.PNG

The answer depends on if it was backed-up.

If you rename the file you posted as ".xls" it will open in Excel and shows me three tabs ...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 8
(6,716 Views)

Oh crap I know what I did, and yes I am screwed because I have no backup

I just aded the "current VI path" constant to the path input so it overworte the VI with the Excel file it created.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,711 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

Oh crap I know what I did, and yes I am screwed because I have no backup

The only good thing I can say is that you will probably re-write that VI better and faster this time.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 8
(6,704 Views)

HA! I am not so screwed after all, thanks to the internet.

I ran into a problem recreating the lost vi, so I went to the forum post I made on the XLR8 support forum where I had a similar problem.

Lo and behold my vi was there, at least a slightly older version. That saved me some work.

========================
========================
Message 5 of 8
(6,693 Views)

Glad you were able to find a backup!  You should think about using a form of SCC, it makes life alot easier.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,664 Views)

@SigRob wrote:

Glad you were able to find a backup!  You should think about using a form of SCC, it makes life alot easier.

Don't even get me started on source control, I don't know what we have here but whatever it is, it will not work with LabVIEW.

As much as the manufacturing test group argued to get a compatible one, our firwmare group flat out refused to consider LabVIEW when they bought the source control software.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,655 Views)

Corporate must like to live life dangerously, depending on what percentage of your companies code is LabVIEW!  If you are ever able to make some headway, or even just set up one for yourself, I use Visual SVN Server (on the server side) and Tortoise SVN (on the client).  Super easy to set up,  is completely free for the basic versions, and can even integrate into LVCompare.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,651 Views)