From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP with proxy

I need to upload and download files with FTP with outside sites. How can I insert user and password of proxy with subVI of internet toolkit? Anyone had the same problem?

Thankyou for any help!
Valter
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,229 Views)
Hi,there are no specific proxy enabled VIs in LabVIEW.
Take a look at this document, it suggests some possible solutions.

How Can I Open a TCP/IP Connection Via a Proxy Server?

Regards.

NicolaC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,198 Views)
Hi, I have seen proxy settings in OpenG Commander.

This is Open Source Toolkit provided with source code.
You see how it works inside with proxy.

Links:

OpenG Commander:
http://www.openg.org/

Download Link:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ogpm/openg_commander-2.0-alpha3.zip?download

See attached screenshot

with best regards,

Andrey
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,190 Views)

@Nick_ wrote:
Hi,there are no specific proxy enabled VIs in LabVIEW.
Take a look at this document, it suggests some possible solutions.

How Can I Open a TCP/IP Connection Via a Proxy Server?

Regards.

NicolaC

The link is related to SOCKS firewall. This is not my case. The otehr link are related to advertisement of Enterprise connectivity toolset that does not include FTP with firewall. If you any more suggestions, I will appreciate it.

Thanks Valter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,151 Views)
I tried to find the way they use to pass torugh proxy but I didn't get it.
Moreover I download the OpenG coomander but I can't download the packages trough the proxy. Please note that my proxy is not "special" since I can go trough proxy with "normal" freeware client FTP.

Any more suggestion will be apprecciated!!!

Thanks!

Valter
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,152 Views)
Hi,

I've a PXI RT system with which I can do FTP from my PC using LV VIs. But I can't do it with another PC in my network. I feel that the other PC should have something called a FTP server. But how can I start the server on that PC. Any additional software is required( I'm using Win2K)?
KAliDas
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,139 Views)

@valter wrote:
I tried to find the way they use to pass torugh proxy but I didn't get it.
Moreover I download the OpenG coomander but I can't download the packages trough the proxy. Please note that my proxy is not "special" since I can go trough proxy with "normal" freeware client FTP.

Any more suggestion will be apprecciated!!!

Thanks!

Valter

Open G Commander uses the HTTP protocol to download files. Handling of proxy servers in HTTP is most probably quite different to FTP, since the FTP protocol has quite a different syntax to HTTP. So the OpenG Commander proxy support probably won't help much.
I have no code I could post here which handles FTP proxies, so my only recommendation in cases like these is to consult the appropriate RFC (Request for Comments) documents. A google search for RFC and FTP should bring you enough links to the relevant RFC dcouments.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,127 Views)

Assume that I want to access the site ftp.metas.ch with user1 as user, password293 as password through the ftp-proxy.admin.ch FTP proxy server.

The trick is in the user name field.

See the attached picture to put a file named ttt on that server.

I hope it helped.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,247 Views)

It is nice of you to provide some help.  But you do realize this thread is over 8 years old?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,235 Views)