LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP transfert with progressbar

Hi !

I would like to download a file from my PXI controler to my remote PC. For the moment I use the FTP MS-Dos command (with System Exec.vi) but I would like to see the progression of my file (with a progress bar for instance). Someone can give me advices about it? I would like a free solution (not a commercial Win32 API).

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,531 Views)
There are a couple of other methods of getting files to and from your PXI controller:

1. You can use the LabVIEW FTP server and VIs to do the transfer - create your own FTP app with a progress bar
2. Use Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) to transfer them - right click on your remote system and slecect "File Transfer" - this option opens up a FTP interface (written in LabVIEW btw) which has a progress bar for each file you down/upload.
3. Use any third party FTP client available (try a google)

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,522 Views)
I would like to include the transfert in my application (automatic download at the end of the acquisition program), so n°2 and n°3 are not for me, perhaps n°1. But I don't know "the LabVIEW FTP server and VIs to do the transfer". I never saw VI like this in LabVIEW, even in the NI Internet toolkit where you can't have an information of progress.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,510 Views)
Hi,

the "DataSocket Read/Write" functions do the job:

use a URL like

ftp://hostname/filename.extension [text]

to send/receive files.

best regards
chris
Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
Message 4 of 8
(3,509 Views)
Thanks, I will try
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,505 Views)
I tryed it but it doesn't work because of the proxy of my commpany. Datasocket pass by the proxy to communicate with the other computer (in the lan) and can't establish dialog. What's the solution for Datasocket doesn't pass by the proxy. Perhaps there is an option (like in web browsers) ?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,468 Views)
Hi,
Concerning the same issue I am addressing the "FTP-forum".
I am doing FTP datarate measurements through the command windows,logging in to the ftp server use , ,
and or . I am reading the datarate and time that the downlaod (or upload)session took in and old fashon way (cut&paste). I found several examples aslike the one that I am attaching now, but I cannot modify it to read me the string that I need i.e. :bytes received in 8.86Seconds 8316.09Kbytes/sec
Can anyone help?

Example of my session.
ftp> bin
200 Type set to I.
ftp> prompt
Interactive mode Off .
ftp> mget *
200 Type set to I.
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for Half.zip(73663934 bytes).
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 73663934 bytes received in 8.86Seconds 8316.09Kbytes/sec.

Tnaks in advance
Yariv
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,446 Views)
Can you help me with my issue? (see the discussion forum)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,395 Views)