LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP List Directory

I am attempting to make a little vi that just logs onto an FTP server and gets the directory information for the path specified by the user. I would have thought this would be pretty straight forward. I have used FTP utilities for a long time but have never tried to program one myself with low level commands.

I tried to just modify a get file vi from the internet tookit but I am getting an error: 

"Error 66 occurred at TCP Read in NI_InternetTK_Common_VIs.lvlib:TCP Read xTP Reply.vi:12->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Get Command Reply.vi:11->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Command.vi:8->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP [PASV].vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Open Data Connection.vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Data Receive.vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP [LIST].vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_VIs.lvlib:FTP Directory Listing.vi->FTP List Directory.vi->FTP List Directory Test.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The network connection was closed by the peer. If you are using the Open VI Reference function on a remote VI Server connection, verify that the machine is allowed access by selecting Tools>>Options>>VI Server on the server side."

Obviously I am doing something fundamentally wrong here. Can someone help me? You may need the internet toolkit to open the VI but I am not sure.FTP List Directory.png(LV2009 Snippet)

---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,660 Views)
I tried your VI, and it works fine for me. Just to be sure that all is fine with the server can you see the directory listing using filezilla?
Message 2 of 3
(4,640 Views)

I prefer fireftp, but yea thats what I use to do any sort of ftp with the crio. At the time I was testing it I was able to log onto the ftp server of the crio, list directory and do get and put operations. Good to hear its working fine for you though.

Looks like the device is having problems now (has become completely unresponsive) and is deployed 350 miles from here so we have some new problems to deal with. Maybe it was the device, I am not sure but I guess this is on hold until the device is back up.

---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,621 Views)