LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Directory Listing.vi problems not parsing file names correctly

Just as title says, trying to use the FTP Directory Listing.vi to get a list of File names from a linux server.  I have filezilla and it sees all of the files just fine, but when i use this vi, it does not parse things correctly.  Sometimes the file name is in the date, half in the date, or sometimes just blank.  I tried a FTP library from Evalumation, and it works correctly.  Can anybody else reproduce this?  I would love to have this working correctly.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,919 Views)

Do you have an example of the file names that are in the directory? What is the FTP server running? Have you tried probing the wires in the FTP VIs to see whether the server is returning the list, or it is just being parsed incorrectly by the FTP library? I have used the LV FTP library in the past and don't remember having any issues so trying to figure out what might be different. The most obvious thing I can think of is that there are some weird filenames.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,880 Views)

Ill have to look more into the server.  I know it is running on a QNX machine.  I was able to probe inside of some of the subvi's and in the parse ls line.vi it is being parsed incorrectly. (I can see the entire filename before it parses. )  I did check it with my own ubuntu ftp server and it works as expected so must be something different on the QNX ftp server. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,877 Views)

Maybe it uses different line endings, different characters or something like that? I have in the past, taken a copy of the NI FTP library, made a modification to it and then used the modified version in my project. I would strongly advise against modifying the VIs in their original name/location (as it will get reverted if you reinstall LabVIEW).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 5
(2,871 Views)

Thanks, thats a good idea ill give that a shot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,864 Views)