From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTDIchip FT2232 MPSSE

Hi Is there anyone who has done on FTDICHIP FT2232 with Labview for MPSSE like using SPI, I2C and JTAG?
FTDICHIP has provided softwares for use with Labview.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(9,394 Views)

Hi Astroboy,

I have done something with that i'm sure....... (i'm out of the office at the moment). I think i used it with the SPI interface to connect to a Maxim thermocouple chip to make my own usb temperature measurement device.

What are you trying to do?

Phil.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(9,356 Views)
Hi Phil,
I am trying to build a circuit with maxim Max 6960  that controls 8x8 Matrix Dot LED Display (RGB, RGY or bi-colour).
With FT22232 and PC(USB), we can build a program to send data to display through MAX 6960 by SPI.

Clement
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(9,343 Views)
Hi Clement,

How have you got on so far? I remember that i got the 22232 to talk to the MAX chip and there was a temperature response, but something didn't quite work. I think it may have been the number of bits that were being read/intrepreted by the computer. I'd be interested to see where you get to with the 22232.

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(9,333 Views)
Hi I have not started on it yet as I am so busy. Just wanting to know if anyone has tried it before.
I have FT2232 and Labview 7.1 with FTDI's support for Labview. Seems that you and I are only ones who have ever thought of that way.
As for your circuit, maybe I start with small before mine.
May I know which max chip? 22232? Which one?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(9,323 Views)
Hi,

I used the DLP Design 2232M (see http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/DIPModules.htm#DLP-2232M)

I used the MAX 6675 (see http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3149/t/al)

Best regards,

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(9,302 Views)
Thanks I will let u know if I can make it work.
Clement
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(9,290 Views)

Hi ,

I'm trying to use FT2232 with labview software to communicate with SPI but I'm having trouble.

When I use Write-Read Byte Array Demo.vi downloaded on ftdi site, i can't read back the data i send.

if is there any one who has allready work with FT and labview. please help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(9,042 Views)
Hi,

Why don't you post your code. I only used to to read over SPI, but i don't see why writing won't work. Have you checked all the settings are correct?

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(9,037 Views)

Hi,

I've succeeded to write data over synchronous mode with labview interface.

I'm trying to use the MPSSE mode to communicate with SPI, but I don't understand the commands I have to send before sending data.

I appreciate if you can help.Thanks

Adnane.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(9,018 Views)