From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTDI FT4222 USB-SPI bridge LabVIEW source code

Hi,

I have "UMFT4222EV USB2.0 to Quad SPI/I2C Bridge Bridge Development Module Development Module Development Module".

I need to write/ read SPI data to/ from ADC124S101 chip.

I tried with the example SPI LabVIEW source codes given on FTDI  website and couldn't sucess.

Can someone help me on SPI LabVIEW source code to write/ read SPI data though FT4222 chip ?

Please note that I use LabVIEW 2011 version.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,234 Views)

Hi narampanawe,

For future reference, you may find more visibility if you post in one of our Hardware forums, since this is an issue with interacting with hardware. Just to confirm, you are trying to run the FTDI example code at http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/SoftwareExamples/CodeExamples/LabVIEW.htm? Could you tell us what the issue is that you are encountering? How did you try to get the examples working? Where did you install the drivers? Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of LabVIEW 2011? The drivers that FTDI published are simply DLL calls, so as long as the driver is installed, you should be able to use an Invoke Node to call into those DLLs to perform whatever methods you might need.

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,163 Views)

Hi William,

Yes, I'm using FTDI example  you reffered and I use 32-bit version.

I can do simple tasks like port open/close, getting device info.

But I am unable to read/ write data to SPI device.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,113 Views)

Dear

I have programmed a LabVIEW API for the MCP2210 USB to SPI bridge.

You can connect up to mine SPI devices to it.

Check this out: https://www.digiinst.de/p/labview-r-api-for-the-microchip-r-mcp2210-c-usb-r-to-spi-r-bridge

Best regards

Martin

Message 4 of 4
(3,291 Views)