cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSK Modulation/Demodulation

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,906 Views)

I tried to do this same exact VI, but using myDAQ as sound input and using my speakers to output. But after about 10 seconds running it says: "Attempted to read samples that are no longer available." I am assuming that this is because the VI is not processing fast enough?

I am trying to use this with human voice so the rate is at 20kHz and sample to read is at 20kHz too. So it updates every second.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,900 Views)

Hi, can anyone help me?!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,863 Views)

Oh Sorry. I have forgot this thread  (Lot of Work to do)

That error means your data readings are not fast enough. The Main Reason is unpredictable without seeing the actual code

Try Increase the Data Samples to Read.  

Can u attach your VI?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,856 Views)

Yeah, I attached my VI.

I actually just created the same VI that you had but I used myDAQ as an audio input and my computer speakers as output.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,850 Views)

Any solutions?

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,819 Views)

Hi Gear,

After looking at your VI for a bit, it seems that what is happening is that there's too much happening inside the while loop so data is being overwritten before it can be read.

Here is a KB that deals with the particular error code you are receiving and it also goes over some ways to resolve it.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB7D4CA85967804586257380006F0E62

Gabriel M.
Product Marketing Engineer - Academic Courseware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,798 Views)

So, to fix this problem should I write to a file and read from the file? So it doesn't overwrite? Is that I proper way to fix this problem?

This is the only way that I think I can fix this after reading this KB that you sent me.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,793 Views)

You could do a write to a file and then read from a file. Or you could implement a producer/consumer loop. The producer loop would acquire your data and put them into a queue while the consumer loop would play back your file.

This paper will describe this architecture in more detail:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3023/en/

Also you could go to File > New.. > From Template > Frameworks > Design patterns > Producer/Consumer Design Pattern (Data) for a VI template that you can work with.

Hopefully these help!

Gabriel M.
Product Marketing Engineer - Academic Courseware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,782 Views)