LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRECUENCY ESPECTRUM of a signal with " STFT , WAVELET CWT anf DWT "

HI comunity NI 

i am student electrical engineering, and currently doing a thesis  related to Short-time Fourier transform, STFT, and to wavelet cwt or DWT 

i would like know if you can give accessory or an example  to get the frecuency espectrum of a sinusoidal signal with wavelet cwt or DWT, of labview .

i was  working with the tool   "MathScript"  of labview ,but labview doesnt have this library .

i need only  get  the frecuency espectrum of sinusoidal signal with wavelet CWT or DWT;   does not  help me perform the task the block VI "

"spectral measurements" because i need perform further work with the wavelet 

my mail 

edwin_gaviria89@hotmail.com    

j.edwin.gaviria@gmail.com

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,844 Views)
There is -- or at least was -- a wavelet toolbox. I never used it but I remember seeing it. Check the NI website.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,805 Views)

ok thanks,

but i was check the wavelet toolbox however  i do not know how obtain the espectrum with this tools, 

i have problems 

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,717 Views)
Why are you specifically looking at using wavelets? As I said, I have never used them but my understanding is that they are rather specialized. There are more general techniques avaliable -- like FFTs.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,704 Views)

because specifically  i need analyze the frecuency spectrum of a  signal type impulse for obtain the frecuency response of a transformer ...

and  with fourier  i do not  obtain a good response because this tool was maked for periodic signals 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,687 Views)
Ahhhh. OK, but there should be examples with the toolkit, and Google would be the place to start learning about wavelets.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,673 Views)