LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRC FIRST Basic Robot vi Build fails

I get the following error while trying to build Basic Robot vi.  Advanced Robot vi seems to build and deploy OK.  We are a early controller ship team with Labview installed and the update 1.0 installed.

Error 6 occurred at Create Folder in Create Directory Recursive.vi->AB_Destination.lvclass:Create_Destination.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_RTEXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Generic file I/O error.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\resource\plugins\NewDialogFiles\ProjectWizards\FRC\FRC Templates\builds\FRC cRIO Project\RT CompactRIO Target (0.0.0.0)\FRC Basic Robot Deployment\D\aci\robotics\123\NI_FPGA_Interface.lvlib_NIFPGA System

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,864 Views)
The bottom of your error message indicates a CRIO target with an IP address of 0.0.0.0.  Try to configure that CRIO with an IP address, then try again.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,848 Views)
There is an OS limitation in the character length of a directory name. I believe it is around 255 characters (which is just about the size of the directory you listed in your post). Try changing the destination directory to a smaller directory path.
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,823 Views)

Dear rjmah,

Please post your question again in the FIRST Community Forum. There are applications engineers from National Instruments monitoring that forum, as well as other FIRST participants. You stand a much better chance of having your problem, and future FIRST related problems, solved by posting in the FIRST Community Forum

Best Regards,

~Nate

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,809 Views)