From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA with dll

Hello,

I have created a host VI for the PXI 7831 FPGA card in LV 7.1. If I run it under LabVIEW development environment, it is working, so the code is running in the FPGA, and I can write data to and read data from it.

I plan to compile this all to a dll. I have 4 functions: Init (send code to FPGA), read, write, Close (stop code on FPGA). If I call the init function via call library function, labview closes without any error message. I have tried to compile the dll with and without adding the host VI to the dll as a dynamic VI, but it doesn´t matter. I can´t use it. Can a compiled dll send the VI to the FPGA?

MB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,405 Views)

You are trying to run this DLL on the RT right, using it to interface with the FPGA? Not dropping a dll to the FPGA diagram? You might want to post a copy of the DLL and calling VI, as the call library node sometimes does strange things when not called correctly.

Also, why are you going to the trouble of making a dll? Why not just use the Open FPGA reference, choose your bitfile, create a typedef of the reference to pass from VI to VI and set it to run when opened?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,396 Views)

Hi Greg,

I just do what you have written, see attached screeshot. 

This function seems to work, but the rest not. The rest works, if I´m in development mode, but not in dll.

To communicate with the FPGA I use the FPGA property node, see Snap1.gif.

regards

Mitulatbati

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,368 Views)

It would help a lot to enable someone help you, if you could post your project file and all the VIs in it. From the few image snippets and the description, I at least haven't understood what you try to do, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. FPGA is already a system where only a few people have real experience with, limiting them to understand your problem makes it only less likely that you will get a really helpful answer.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,353 Views)

The code looks fine from what I can tell. Again, why are you making a dll? It sounds to me like you need to build an executable. Unless there is some reason for making a dll (like you are trying to call LabVIEW code from another language, which I'm guessing you are not), why not just build an exe? It will be far easier.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,347 Views)