From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA: reuse code library

I am thinking about creating a library of reusable host subvi for fpga application.  To communicaiton with the FPGA VI, the host vi would contain a FPGA reference, and it is generally a good practice to make that a type def (is that correct?).  When I create a reusable subvi, the reference input will not be a type def, and when I feed a type def into the terminal, I will get a coercion.  Is that the only way?     

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,130 Views)

Check out this article in the LabVIEW Help:http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599H-01/lvfpgahosthelp/fpga_dynamic_host_interface/

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,117 Views)

Does it mean I just need to select dynamic mode in configure open fpga vi reference?  What role does the dynamic fpga interface cast play?  Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,105 Views)