From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA problems on cRIO 9004

Solved!
Go to solution

So, Ive been playing with a cRIO-9004 with FPGA. But there is a problem, everytime I place an FPGA I/O node onto the block diagram it does not work.

it outputs a null signal and says this in context help "LabVIEW does not support I/O nodes in the My Computer application instance. Place the node on the block diagram of a VI that is open under an appropriate target in the Project Explorer window." 

I do not have it within the my computer instance. I have done this before with a sbRIO and followed similar steps. I have never had this problem with the sbRIO. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,436 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Defested

Under your main project you need to have added a "cRIO target"  underneath that target, you need to have added a "cRIO chassis".  And then udnerneath the chassis you need to have added an "FPGA Target".  Finally, you place your VI inside the "FPGA target" in the tree structure.  To add something, usually right-clicking on the item it is going to give you an option to add->target or something similar.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,429 Views)

I have done all of this. yet it still doesnt work. I have tried it on multiple computers now as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,427 Views)

Do you have a screenshot you can share of your project window, with all trees expanded?  The wording of the error suggests that you might have some things out of place.  I'd love to take a look.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,417 Views)

The problem seems to have fixed itself. through nothing that I did. if it persists I will post again later.
Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,393 Views)