LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA problem: how to record max value of every peak

Hi All,

I have a FPGA program to aquire an analog input at high frequency (e.g. 100kHz). The input signal contains many peak patterns, which I am interested in. I would like to record the max value of every peak. Are there any ways to achieve this using FPGA?

I tried to use waveform peak detection in the real time program. BUT I am not sure whether RT can process the waveform fast enough as the FPGA sampling rate. Can anyone help me clarify this?

Thanks,

TY

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,561 Views)

You will probably need a threshold to keep track of.  The idea is to use the Max & Min on each sample when you are above the threshold.  When you go back below the threshold, transmit your peak voltage.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,553 Views)
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I also need to define a width to get rid of the noise interference.

Do you know whether it is okay to sample the input using fpga and detect peak using rt? Will fpga outpace rt to a huge extent and cause any errors?

Cheers,
Ty
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,546 Views)