LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA not working after build and deploy

Hi all

I have a project which has a Host VI which communicates with a remote device (CVS). The remote side has a VI, a shared variable library and a FPGA vi as well. The remote VI opens a reference to the FPGA vi which runs perfectly before I build and deploy. IE... When I Run the Remote VI from the project window, it calls the fpga vi which runs perfectly, but when I now build a real time application and deploy it to the CVS, all the code works fine except the fpga. its as if it does not open the reference to the fpga at all.

Hardware - CVS 1456.

An additional problem is that the shared variables dont seem to be properly deployed always. Sometimes the host vi locates them fine, but after redeploying a few times, all is fine.

Thanks,

JChec

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,160 Views)

Hi JCheck,

When you are done building your fpga vi and you click the run button are you selecting the 1456 as the execution target or are you choosing compile only? Also when you are using the LV FPGA with the RT Target are you following the steps listed here. Are you using the Invoke Method VI to programmatically download, run, or abort the FPGA VI ? These are the first things that I would check to make sure that everything is setup properly.

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,128 Views)

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the response. Strangely, I left the problem over night and redeployed in the morning and the FPGA part worked. I had 2 projects which I had tried the previous day with FPGA usage in them and they had both not worked. Retrying the next morning allowed both projects to work. I know I hadn't changed any settings or code. Must have been a problem with building the exe, only real solution I can think off.

Thanks,

JChec

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,120 Views)